Something Big Is Coming From Canon (And It Will Ship in October)

Started Jun 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
skanter
skanter Forum Pro • Posts: 15,126
Re: Something Big Is Coming From Canon (And It Will Ship in October)

PalmettoFellow wrote:

skanter wrote:

PalmettoFellow wrote:

skanter wrote:

PalmettoFellow wrote:

skanter wrote:

PalmettoFellow wrote:

If the 7D isn't updated, that would be a severe injustice.

Yes, it would rank up there with slavery and the Holocaust.

Melodrama much?

Well, actually I was satirizing -your- ridiculously dramatic statement that not getting the camera you want want was a "severe injustice".

But you didn't get it.

Actually, I did get it, but you're the one who quantified the injustice by comparing it to historical atrocities , not me.

It seems obvious that the phrase "severe injustice" is not appropriate for disappointment with camera models, but it is to historical atrocities, no?

No. It's not obvious. You specifically quantified it by giving a simile or metaphor quality and linking it to slavery or the Holocaust. I left that interpretation open to the reader, and you took it there.

The term "severe injustice" is not open to interpretation. It is clear. It does not apply to trivial things, like your disappointment with camera models. Period. Words do have meaning. There are, and have been, countless severe injustices in the world. Canon's plans with a camera model are not one of them.

Do you cut your finger and call it "a severe injury" (and "leave the interpretation open to the reader")?

Sam K., NYC
"The fact is that relatively few photographers ever master their medium. Instead they allow the medium to master them and go on an endless squirrel cage chase from new lens ...to new gadget, never staying with one piece of equipment long enough to learn its full capacities, becoming lost in a maze of technical information that is of little or no use since they don't know what to do with it."
--Edward Weston

skanter's gear list:skanter's gear list
Sony a6300 Sony E 55-210mm F4.5-6.3 OSS Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS Sony E 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 PZ OSS Sony E 35mm F1.8 OSS +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
MOD elfroggio
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow