Loss of GPS in the NEW A77II

Started Jun 24, 2014 | Discussions thread
Midwest Forum Pro • Posts: 17,160
Re: Loss of GPS in the NEW A77II

K E Hoffman wrote:

Midwest wrote:

K E Hoffman wrote:

Archer66 wrote:

GPS is useless in a camera, good riddance.

I am not going to miss it much.. but that statement is overly broad and severe....

It is not useless.. it like many things is more useful to some than others.. for me not enough for me to complain about it. I leave mine on so the data is in the images.. but I have never used that yet.

Someday, when you are old and feeble, and someone has to help you eat your mashed potatoes, they can still tell you where all your old pictures were taken when you cannot remember yourself.

But the search engine in my cortex implant with do image matching against the globa cortext network image DB etc and tell me where it was taken Then my grandson will ask "what was a GPS"

I will say it was the old system for tracking where you are before the QGPN came (Quantum Gravitational Positioning Network) came on line. Then I will hand him my old A77 which will run the battery down looking for the decommission GPS satellites

You will probably have Google Glass and the government will be able to tell you where you took every photo you took with it.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow