Loss of GPS in the NEW A77II

Started Jun 24, 2014 | Discussions thread
Midwest Forum Pro • Posts: 17,217
Re: Loss of GPS in the NEW A77II

SteveJnerChicago wrote:

Ok - I just make note of place in title or caption or folder when editing. Easier for me to do that than screw around with Play Memories so for me GPS is useless. Oh, I've a pretty big yard.

Not the same. With Google Earth you can use the GPS info to show someone exactly where you had your campsite, or exactly where that little store or restaurant was, for example.

If you want to talk about 'screwing around', making endless little (imprecise) notes in title or caption for a bunch of photos fits the term 'screwing around' a whole lot better IMO.

My late aunt and uncle took photos on a trip to Germany, a pilgrimage to a small visit to see where my great grandmother was born. They found the broken down remains of the old house and photographed it. Where was it? WHO KNOWS! All I have is a photo of a tumble of timbers and no idea exactly where it was. NO 'note' in title or caption would suffice to really nail that down.

To each his/her own. It's fine with me if you have little or no interest in where you took your photos, but I think my reasons for wanting to know where I took mine are entirely valid.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow