Loss of GPS in the NEW A77II

Started Jun 24, 2014 | Discussions thread
AndyWilson Regular Member • Posts: 133
Re: Loss of GPS in the NEW A77II

K E Hoffman wrote:

Nice shot.. but by the time the little red light blinked a few times and the camera locked.. I think these two would be onto something even more interesting

The AF Assist on the A77 is more or less instant

I would love to see a REAL side by side test of the two systems.. on action and other low light shots to prove the theory that the little light is better than the new system etc.

I am not sold either way. Someone with both cameras should test this.

I just tried it shooting stationary objects in my dining room. Using spot focus and the centre focus point the A77ii is quicker to acquire focus above a certain light level below which it is unable to acquire focus at all while the A77 happily focuses with the AF light

-- hide signature --

K.E.H. >> Shooting between raindrops in WA<<
Don't Panic!.. these are just opinions... go take some pictures..

Just a reminder of the reason I bought up the AF Assist Light in this thread.

You will NEVER miss a shot without GPS

If you shoot in very, very low light with radio triggers and off camera flash then you WILL miss shots without the AF Assist light.

Just putting priorities into perspective.

Of course, if you spend all of your time exploring and photographing the Mojave Desert or the back streets of Brixton in reasonable light then GPS might be of more use to you - but the lack of it won't stop you taking the photos

AndyWilson's gear list:AndyWilson's gear list
Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Sony Alpha NEX-5 Sony SLT-A77 Sony a77 II Fujifilm XF1 +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow