Loss of GPS in the NEW A77II

Started Jun 24, 2014 | Discussions thread
VirtualMirage
VirtualMirage Veteran Member • Posts: 3,905
Re: Loss of GPS in the NEW A77II

AndyWilson wrote:

VirtualMirage wrote:

Why didn't you use the built in focus assist via flash that the A77II has? That should have helped. You don't have to use the flash in the final exposure to use the focus assist flash.

Yes you do - unless you sod around pressing the flash half down or something

Are you sure?

I honestly have to try it when I get home to verify, but looking at the instructions you should be able to turn off the flash and leave AF illuminator set to auto so that you can use the AF assist but not get a final flash.  But the instructions do say that the AF assist won't work if set to Continuous AF, if in movie or panoramic mode, or if shooting in scene mode under landscape, sports action, or night scene.  I believe this information can be found on pages 61 and 80-81 in the PDF version of the online help guide that Sony provides.  At least in there it gives the impression that it is possible.

VirtualMirage's gear list:VirtualMirage's gear list
Sony RX100 Sony a77 II Tokina AT-X Pro 11-16mm f/2.8 DX Tamron SP AF 90mm F/2.8 Di Macro Tamron SP 70-200mm F/2.8 Di VC USD +18 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow