Would the G1x MKII be good for me?

Started Jun 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
Greg Gebhardt
Greg Gebhardt Forum Pro • Posts: 25,501
Returned the Sony because

chicoes wrote:

Greg Gebhardt wrote:

You learning curve will not be that bad as you can put it in full automatic and move to some of the more advanced functions as you learn about them. Even at higher ISO the G1x has never failed to please me. The auto lens cover was also a huge plus !

The G1X Mk2 has been a real pleasure to use with corner to corner sharpness. I actrually returned my Sony RX100M3 and begged my G1X Mk2 for forgiveness!

Thank you for the feedback.

You enjoyed the Canon more than the Sony? out of curiosity, what made you return the Canon and take the Sony instead and why have you decided to switch back?

Thanks

I did a little testing and found the Canon to be sharper in the corners of the images than the Sony.  The Sony is also very small in comparison and I have large hands.  The Canon's user interface is , to me, better to use.  Never been crazy about the Sony menu systems.  I also use corrected sunglasses in the filed and the EVF on the Sony did not work well with my glasses, so the EVF did little for me.  I also use a flash for interior shots and the Canon accepts a flash while the Sony . . . . .

I do have and still use the Sony Rx10 for it's focal range/reach.

They are both excellent cameras

Enjoy.

Greg Gebhardt's gear list:Greg Gebhardt's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Leica Q Leica M9 Nikon D4
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow