Loss of GPS in the NEW A77II

Started Jun 24, 2014 | Discussions thread
MikeNannie
MikeNannie Regular Member • Posts: 443
Re: Loss of GPS in the NEW A77II

eddiewood wrote:

Lensmate wrote:

I've never ever had the need for GPS.....drain on the system. Good riddance....

Never used the movie feature either.....would like to see that gone and other features added that are more related to photography. [I have a camcorder, don't need extra...]

The Sony A77m2 took away the remote feature that was on the A77 and I miss that a lot........even though I have the cable trigger, I found the wireless remote more useful.

C'est la vie...

PS useful links and help there Ken~

Martin P

https://www.flickr.com/photos/photosauraus_rex/

"The Sony A77m2 took away the remote feature that was on the A77"

Are you sure?

The remote control option is still there. It's on the setup menu, screen 3. I just looked at my camera. If I remember correctly, on my a580, it was on the drive menu, so maybe that is what is causing the confusion?

You can also use a wifi connection and your phone. My testing around the house however seemed to indicate a relatively short range. You have to use the Sony My Memories app on your phone for connectivity. Not sure if any other apps work, but it doubt it, it's probably a proprietary connection protocol.

MikeNannie's gear list:MikeNannie's gear list
Sony a77 II Sony DT 16-80mm F3.5-4.5 ZA Carl Zeiss Vario-Sonnar T* Sony DT 35mm F1.8 SAM Tamron SP 70-300mm F/4-5.6 Di USD Sony DT 16-50mm F2.8 SSM
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow