Started to get a G1X mk2

Started Jun 23, 2014 | Discussions thread
Marco Nero
Marco Nero Veteran Member • Posts: 5,550
Used mine on the weekend (PICS). You should like this camera...

Todd3608 wrote:

and ended up with the G1X mk1 instead. I found a like new one for $399 with a bunch of extras. The articulated LCD is a big plus too. Based on feedback around here, the G1X mk1 is a pretty darn good camera in its own right. I will find out soon enough.

It's a superb camera and the Mk1 and Mk2 produce the same image quality.  The lack of a true macro feature means you might need to consider the filer adapter ring and a Closeup Filter if you like to shoot a lot of real closeup subjects.  But you can also use the adapter ring to mount a Circular Polarizer.
I was using my G1X Mk1 at 28mm on the weekend with a 58mm Hoya CP filter...(See images below). I was more than happy with the shots I got.  The Mk2 has a wider angle lens (24mm?) so there's even more distortion when shooting wide with that version.  I've always been extremely happy with the results from the Mk1 and saw no need to upgrade to the recent version. 

-- hide signature --

Regards,
Marco Nero.
www.pbase.com/nero_design

Marco Nero's gear list:Marco Nero's gear list
Canon PowerShot S95 Canon PowerShot G1 X Canon EOS 60D Canon EOS 5D Mark III Canon EOS M +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow