Stylus 1 - Displaying Super Control Panel?

Started Mar 29, 2014 | Discussions thread
47872Mike Regular Member • Posts: 152
Re: Stylus 1 - Displaying Super Control Panel?

Michael Meissner wrote:

ludwik123 wrote:

How does one bring up the SCP on the XZ2?

On some cameras, you first have to enable the SCP before you can bring it up. For whatever reason, Olympus ships some cameras with the SCP disabled and the live view enabled. On those cameras, you first go into Menu mode and go to the Setup screen, and enable the SCP in each of the control screens (I tend to disable live view at the same time). It looks like the XZ-2 is one such camera. Page 67 tells how to enable the SCP.

I believe others have mentioned that Olympus removed the SCP capability in the XZ-10 (presumably to not undercut sales of the XZ-2 for people needing 'advanced' features).

Just for the benefit of anyone reading this and having the problem I had, page 67 of the manual does NOT actually tell you how to activate the SCP. It merely tells you how to bring it up by pressing info to cycle through the available control screens.

You will only find SCP once you have activated it, which you do by pressing the menu button, selecting the "gears" tab (fourth down), then display > Control Settings, and then entering "on" for each shooting mode you want SCP to be usable in.

Or at least this was what I found I needed to do!

47872Mike's gear list:47872Mike's gear list
Olympus PEN E-PM1 Sony SLT-A37 Olympus PEN E-PM2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 14-42mm 1:3.5-5.6 II R Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 40-150mm 1:4-5.6 R +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow