Bye Pentax K-5 -> Hello Sony A6000

Started Jun 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
tom1234567
tom1234567 Senior Member • Posts: 1,429
Re: Bye Pentax K-5 -> Hello Sony A6000

BobORama wrote:

flektogon wrote:

Yes, the days of DSLRs are numbered. Of course, this doesn't apply to the professional DSLRs. I selected the A6000 image comparison with the K-3, and guess what? A6000 easily beats K-3. And for a fraction of size and price.

Yes, the A6000 solidly beats the K-3 if you:

• love chroma noise and color blotches
  • want a shutter that sounds like someone cutting off fish heads with a hatchet
  • if you are the wicked witch or live in a desert and never get it wet
  • don't need an extra 2-3 stop advantage for image stabilization with any lens
  • don't mind having big glass look like a great dane mounting a chihuahua

Even if the A6000 had better IQ, it would only be when mounted on a tripod.

Where the A6000 does win is in terms of size and video. If those things are important to you, then the Sony offerings would be worth considering. But in every other respect, not so much.

Its funny, I just used my K-5 with a ( completely free to me ) takumar 135 / 2.8 at my daughters dance recital, with the atrocious lighting so typical of these events. I got a lot of fairly decent handheld shots @ f/2.8. Looking at the Sony lens options, I'm not sure that would have been impossible with any of the "less expensive" lenses that Sony offers for the A6000, except for their $1500 cine primes.

Pentax K3 rules are you just a Troll wanting to cause trouble were is your proof show me some images from the a6000,

K3 is far superior to any Sony in the same price bracket

DO YOU EVEN HAVE A k3 HAVE YOU USED ONE OR ARE YOU JUST BUMPING YOUR GUMS

do you no how to use it??????????????

-- hide signature --

N.S.A. and G.C.H.Q. The only government goons that "LISTEN"?????
I'm a 30yr old trapped in a 63yr old body

tom1234567's gear list:tom1234567's gear list
Nikon D7200 Fujifilm X-T2
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow