Bye Pentax K-5 -> Hello Sony A6000

Started Jun 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
Wheatfield7
Wheatfield7 Senior Member • Posts: 4,128
Re: Bye Pentax K-5 -> Hello Sony A6000

Petroglyph wrote:

Wheatfield7 wrote:

gustoy wrote:

I enjoyed many years with my Pentax equippment including some limited lenses, but finally decided to sell off all equippment on eBay and start new with the Sony A6000.

The main reason is, that I was been waiting for a long time for smaller and lighter system cameras from Pentax, but it seems not very likely to happen, and the Sony gives me in some areas better, in other aereas almost as good results as my Pentax K-5, but in a smaller and much ligher package.

Enjoy your Pentax gear!

Guido

Enjoy your 3 lenses that are available to you.

I know - Sony need to release a few more of those lenses on the E/FE roadmap. Last winter's 24-70 f/4 Zeiss FE ZA lens (has OSS so could have been good on the A6000). But Photozone rated it 2 1/2 stars out of possible 5 - that's an ouch for a lens that cost north of 1000. But big dslr lenses can be adapted to E-mount so not quite so bad.

Cheers.

It's never as nice as a lens that is designed and built for the system, there are always operational kludges of some sort.

In out universe we see an excellent example of this when we mount K or M series lenses onto a camera and have to use the green button thingie to get a semblance of metering.

Interestingly, I recently bought a Fuji X-T1 which turns out to be better with pre A series Pentax glass than Pentax cameras are.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow