What's This Called?

Started Jun 20, 2014 | Questions thread
Flat view
jim Contributing Member • Posts: 868
What's This Called?

Question 1:

I often get the effect shown in the image below.  (I'm not talking about the Chromatic Aberration.) When I take pictures in the woods or sometimes in other areas where the foreground is dark and the background it bright the light bleeds/smears over the darker parts of the foreground making lowering the contrast of the image and removing detail and the edges of leaves etc.    What is this phenomenon called?  Is it a type of lens flare?

Question 2:

Is there a special Photoshop tool that helps remove this?

-- hide signature --

Olympus C-8080, Canon SD700 IS, Panasonic FZ50, Nikon D5100, Canon PowerShot s100

 jim's gear list:jim's gear list
Olympus C-8080 Wide Zoom Panasonic Lumix DMC-FZ50 Canon PowerShot S100 Panasonic FZ1000 Nikon D5100
This question has not been answered yet.
Kodak Pixpro S-1 Nikon D5100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow