Anyone finding the huge raw files a pain on the 800?

Started Jun 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
Dan_168 Veteran Member • Posts: 8,288
not at all, if you have a decent computer.

Craig wrote:

I shoot weddings and have a d700 and D3s and I convert the files to DNG since I take way over 1000 shots for most weddings.

I can't imagine dealing with files that are 7,8 times each larger than my 12 MP cameras.

The new 810 may be temping for me to finally say good by to my D700 if the features on it are to my liking.

Or I was thinking about a good used D4

Since I don't shoot wedding regularly but mainly landscape, so I don't normally ended up with hundreds and thousands of shots at the end of the day, (unless I am shooting star trail and things like that), so the huge files from my D800E is never an issue, actually I want even more resolution, you know, detail / resolution is actually our landscape photographer's friend not our enemy, even while I am on the road with my 2013 version Macbook Pro, processing those files has been pretty easy, at home with the new 27 inch iMac is even easier, I can only imagine it will be only be even easier on my up-coming 6-Core Mac Pro. But I can see if I have to process hundreds and thousands file everyday the big files can be an issue. So I think at the end of the day, it's not just the camera but also the equipment that you will need to support it as the whole system, you will need update software, computer to go with it, as I said, I am getting the new 6-core mac pro, I tried my friend's new Mac pro to process the D800E files, you simply don't realize that's a 60MB files you are working with, it feels like the computer reacts faster than I can find the buttons and clicking the icons. LOL.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
KSV
KSV
MOD TOF guy
(unknown member)
xtm
(unknown member)
KSV
KSV
KSV
KSV
KSV
KSV
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow