Some new infos about dp2Q from the touch and try event. + JPEG samples from Yodobashi and MapCamera

Started Jun 19, 2014 | Discussions thread
RitterRunkel
RitterRunkel Regular Member • Posts: 154
Okay, but not convinced.

Dawson53 wrote:

This is the original size of jpeg sample. http://photo.yodobashi.com/sigma/img/imp/dp2q/08b.jpg

7. After all, the difference of IQ is not so big, but the user experience is a big difference. Easy to use, quick response, and great IQ.

I think that's it; better user experience (responsiveness) while maintaining good IQ.

The downside seems to me, that IQ has changed but it's neither better nor worse. It only seems different ... the resolution might be little higher now, but I didn't see fine color detail so far in any sample. In contrary ... beside the old birds, the linked one from yodobashi is horrible in the shadows. And the six samples from DigitalCamera.jp don't seem to be less hard detailed/sharpened than Merrill samples. I even think, they look harder ... may be because I always tend to use -0.7 sharpness with Merrills, okay.

The ones from MapCamera are downsized. Yet you can see line noise in the ISO 800 image. Less color blotches here, but no fine color detail as well.

Of course, we will have to wait for RAW, since every reviewer chooeses his own development settings ... and the images may actually be better than they got developed from the reviewers.

RitterRunkel's gear list:RitterRunkel's gear list
Sigma DP1 Sigma DP2x Sigma DP1 Merrill Sigma DP3 Merrill Sigma SD14
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow