Personal view of RX100 III

Started Jun 18, 2014 | Discussions thread
Rick Evertsz
OP Rick Evertsz Regular Member • Posts: 295
Re: Personal view of RX100 III

Michael Kaufman wrote:

Rick Evertsz wrote:

- EVF. Bright and clear. I was using it comfortably with my left eye before I realised it probably should be awkward. I have an ample nose (!) but without thinking turned my face about 30 degrees to the right so that my nose doesn't touch the LCD. I think I used to use my DSLR in the same way. To all those who are uncomfortable using their right eye with a viewfinder, have a go with your left; it might be ok.

This is good to hear. As a left eye shooter, this was a concern for me. Do you find the EVF to be stable, or do you have to be careful not to push it in?

It's very stable. I just tried to push it in by pushing with my eyebrow. It was almost impossible. I had to push carefully right in the centre of the eyepiece, and had to push quite hard and angle my head just right to get it to move a tiny bit. Even then, I could only move it a few millimetres. If you push slightly off centre, it doesn't move at all.

Rick Evertsz's gear list:Rick Evertsz's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony FE 35mm F2.8 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 12-24mm F4 +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow