ordered Nikon 24-70... am i crazy?

Started Jun 17, 2014 | Discussions thread
Lance B Forum Pro • Posts: 31,031
Re: ordered Nikon 24-70... am i crazy?

z2122 wrote:

after 20 times yes and no i ordered the nikon 24-70. i am only a hobby photographer, but i really like to shoot with good lenses. let's see how it compareds to 50 1.8G and 28 1.8 G

Well, it is s till an excellent lens if you don't want the hassle of changing lenses, like when you're on a tight schedule when on holidays or whatever. Even then, at 30-60mm it'll give many primes a run for their money IQ-wise, once stopped down to f4 or more. Even at the extremes of the zoom range it's still a superb zoom in comparison to other zooms in this range and again, once stopped down you'd be hard pressed to pick it against a prime in most instances.

The main advantage of primes is of course their wider apertures for more creative aspects of photography, but as a general workhorse lens, the 24-70 f2.8G is still king of the lenses in this zoom range.

Have fun with your new lens.

Lance B's gear list:Lance B's gear list
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 16-35mm F4G ED VR Nikon AF-S Nikkor 24mm f/1.4G ED Nikon AF-S Micro-Nikkor 105mm f/2.8G IF-ED VR +14 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xtm
glo
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow