Making the transition to lightroom -- questions

Started Jun 17, 2014 | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
jintoku Contributing Member • Posts: 657
Making the transition to lightroom -- questions

I am making the transition to lightroom, mostly because I'd like to be able to view and edit my entire catalogue of photos going back 10 years without storing them all on my laptop. I know Aperture allows for referenced imaged to be stored externally, but I'd like to have some internally, some externally, and like the Smart Previews option in Lightroom. For now I have two questions:

1) I generated previews for 60k of my 80k photos in my catalogue and then needed to leave and unplug the external drive. Can I restart this process without having to make previews for all 80k photos, i.e., only make them for the remaining ~20k?

2) Is there a way to make the library overview more "clean" and less cluttered, i.e., at the very least make the individual preview thumbnails appear bigger, like in Aperture? I don't like how Lightroom puts a frame around each image, making it tinier.

Thanks for your help.

jintoku's gear list:jintoku's gear list
Sony RX100 III Fujifilm X-T1 Olympus E-M5 II Sony Alpha a7R II Nikon AF Nikkor 18-35mm f/3.5-4.5D IF ED +6 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow