Sony's new curved sensor - this is a big deal

Started Jun 16, 2014 | Discussions thread
brownie314
OP brownie314 Senior Member • Posts: 1,918
Re: Sony's new curved sensor - this is a big deal

ambercool wrote:

I'm really excited about this too. Sony has always been at the leading edge of technology. They release stuff that only a few engineers might love and appreciate, or even pay for before the product fails. But they will have that one tech that Sony made for about 3 months and is still what the user has always wanted.

If Sony lets Apple present their technology in the way Apple does things, most of Sony's tech would be a hit for the mass market. I just hope this sensor works out really well and that Sony positions it to sell like hotcakes. At least someone needs to if it's not Sony.

This curved sensor isn't one of those sexy things, like an ipod or something.  It is the geeky, insider tech stuff - but stuff that makes a HUGE difference.  Maybe (now, I am just speculating) this could lead to a FF camera the size of the Ricoh GR.  To me, it would be other-worldy to have a camera the size of the Ricoh GR and have a FF sensor and a 35mm f/2 lens on it.  I don't want to set expectations too high - but this might be possible with this curved sensor technology.

brownie314's gear list:brownie314's gear list
Nikon Coolpix A Nikon D7000 Canon EOS M
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
T3
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow