Attempt at birds shooting
With summer season outdoor, number of photos posted in this forum seriously increased. Willing not to stay aside, but suffering from a lack of originality I decided to embark on birds shooting. Bird feeder was installed a week in advance (to let future models to get used to it):
On the day (actually, yesterday) I mounted camera on tripod and (in absence of a “proper” hide) left whole setup in front of open door in a corridor, hid myself with remote control in utility - everything was set and ready.
Time was passing, no candidates for “model shoot” were around. Being bored, I started ironing, keeping iron in one hand and still clinging on remote by the other. After a while all shirts, bed linen, and even towels (ironing of which is not my habit) were finished, but no single photo was made. Only when I decided to wrap up and came out into corridor I found I was not the only one on a hunt:
- my cat occupied more strategic position in front of the house and, apparently, was awaiting for birds too. No wonder there was a lack of feathery prepared to take the risk of lunching in view of the cat!
Well, today the cat went exploring neighbourhood and I was a bit more lucky, though results highlighted the need for a better lens (or rather for a smarter positioned feeder) – reduced and sharpened originals and crops are below, Pentax 70-300 @300mm is limited to F5.8 hence a relatively long exposure 1/400s - comments and critics are welcome.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%
|White Pocket Frozen Pond by evanrassbcglobalnet|
from Rock Pools
|The Rock. by SpartanWarrior|
from Sea colors