New camera

Started Jun 14, 2014 | Questions thread
LynniePad
LynniePad Senior Member • Posts: 3,385
Re: New camera

Chocaholic 100 wrote:

I am 60, have poor eyesight, very poor in one eye. I would like a camera with a view finder rather than just a screen as I find these difficult to see. I like to take pictures of scenery, my two dogs and family . Which camera would anyone Recommend. Not too expensive please.

Pentax K500 might be the camera for you.

http://www.photographyblog.com/reviews/pentax_k500_review/

This is an entry-level camera for about $500. Other cameras with decent viewfinders start at $1000 as far as I am aware. Final cost depends on the lens you choose.

This is an extract from the review:

The Pentax K-500 has a traditional eye-level optical viewfinder which offers an impressive 100% scene coverage. Being able to see exactly what will be captured means that you can only blame yourself for poor composition and unwanted details creeping into the frame. The viewfinder is bright and free of any distortions or aberrations, making it suitable for both auto and manual focusing. It also features an interchangeable Natural-Bright-Matte III focusing screen to improve focusing accuracy during manual-focus operation. The in-finder status LCD runs horizontally along the bottom and it shows most of the camera's key settings.

The rear of the camera is dominated by the large 3 inch LCD screen. The K-500's LCD screen has a very high resolution of 920K dots, wide viewing angle and it remains visible outdoors in all but the brightest of conditions, making it one of the better LCD screens that we've seen on a DSLR.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
chp
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow