Warning to EM-1 users :sunshine into EVF can create indeletable blotches, as confirmed by Olympus.

Started Jun 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP babalu Regular Member • Posts: 325
Re: Warning to EM-1 users :sunshine into EVF can create indeletable blotches.....

I have now received the final information from Olympus concerning this problem .

Here is an excerpt of their mail (in German) :

"...Ihre E-Mail an Olympus [OLYHD156932]

Nach Rücksprache mit unseren Kollegen, sowie auch anderen diversen Abteilungen habe ich folgende Informationen erhalten.

Dieses Phänomen, tritt bei direkten Sonnenschein in den Sucher auf (wirkt wie ein Lupeneffekt). Dies kann wie im ausgeschalteten, sowie eingeschalteten Modus erscheinen.

Derzeitig können wir nur empfehlen, die E-M1 (oder eher gesagt den Sucher) nicht direkten Sonnenschein ausstellen, damit diese Phänomen nicht auftreten kann.

Hoffe ich könnte Ihnen Ihre Frage beantworten und wünsche ein angenehmes Wochenende. ..."

Rough translation:

" Ref. your mail to Olympus <OLYHD156932>

After consulting with our colleagues and several other departments I have received the following information.

This phenomenon occurs due to direct sunshine into the finder, which effectuates a magnifying effect . It can happen when the camera is turned on or turned off.

At this point in time we can only recommend to avoid direct sunshine upon the camera (or actually

upon the EVF), to prevent the problem from occurring .

I hope to have answered your question, and wish you a nice weekend. "

So, users are left alone with this problem, seems that there is nothing that Olympus can do to prevent this from happening.

I will message one of the DPR reviewers of the E-M1 to point them to this thread, and see if they can get some additional information on this.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow