A6000 or RX100MKIII?

Started Jun 13, 2014 | Discussions thread
Chewbokeh Regular Member • Posts: 172
Re: A6000 or RX100MKIII?

I have an A7r and had a Rx100m1 and X100S. I sold both rx100 and X100s and yesterday received my RX100m3 from Sony UK. I have not tested it extensively but love the viewfinder and the fact that is has a Nd filter and also a fast lens zoom range. The decision was because I found that I used to want the size of the rx100 so it was not noticeable when carrying, but wanted a viewfinder and Nd filter and fast lens. I loved the quality of the X100s and ability to get shallower dof but found it was always relatively heavy as a backup camera, and never quite pocketable to take it everywhere without thinking that I have to have an additional small bag or have it on the shoulder. I have also managed to get some equally great IQ from the old Rx100m1 so didn't think I would be sacrificing too much. I also considered the A6000 but size did it for me in the end. If however I did not have my A7R then the I would have gone for it instead.

Chewbokeh's gear list:Chewbokeh's gear list
Leica Q Sony RX100 IV Olympus E-M1 II Olympus 12-40mm F2.8 Olympus 40-150mm F2.8 Pro
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow