K-3 time lapse movie

Started Mar 24, 2014 | Discussions thread
arnelie
arnelie Regular Member • Posts: 384
Re: repeated frames! (Re: K-3 time lapse movie)

Hi again,

I'm now the proud owner of a K-3, and I must say it is a big step-up from the K-7: AF is precise, and images are clean and high-resolution.

Today I tested the interval movie mode, and I have to say that it is a somewhat let-down: I did tests at 2 and 5 seconds between each frame, and in both cases, each frame is counted three times in the resulting video file. Yes, you can upload the file into e.g. VirtualDub and remove 2 out of three frames, but *why* do the Pentax engineers insist of repeating the frames, on the K-3 three times, on the Q 5 times, without asking the user first? And there is no user interface menu to change this! From what I have learned, if you want to create smooth time lapse, each frame must be counted only once.

So please Pentax, make a user selection entry for this in future K-3 firmware (and the Q-models, also, if you don't mind),

b.r. Arne

arnelie's gear list:arnelie's gear list
Ricoh GR II Pentax Q Pentax K-3 Pentax smc DA 21mm F3.2 AL Limited Sigma 17-50mm F2.8 EX DC OS HSM +10 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow