Macro shooting handheld at 1.5:1

Started Jun 12, 2014 | Discussions thread
gary payne Contributing Member • Posts: 809
Re: Macro shooting handheld at 1.5:1

Well Phil, I guess the eyes have it.

Seriously, very very nice work.  I just bought an old Canon FD 60mm macro f3.5, an old lens with a great reputation, and it came with an extension tube that is supposed to bring it to almost 1:1 although some say that these magnification claims tend to overstate the actual reality.

I was initially interested in converting slides with this lens and a simple converter rack.  But pictures like yours have inspired me to investigate the world of small.

I await an FD to m4/3 adaptor now to get started.

Did you have any trouble with CA with this old lens?  Did you use the same aperture for all the shots?

I like the paper thin option in a M4/3 context, about the only way we'll ever see it.  The shot below is an example of an early attempt to get about the right amount of depth for this particular subject, rather crude, with a couple centimeters of depth.  Not sure how to post a higher res pic on this forum.  gp

gary payne's gear list:gary payne's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic G85 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH Panasonic Leica Summilux DG 25mm F1.4 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 +8 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow