When to use f22 or higher

Started Jun 10, 2014 | Discussions thread
bikinchris
bikinchris Forum Pro • Posts: 21,354
Re: When to use f22 or higher

user_name wrote:

bikinchris wrote:

Then I'll slightly rephrase the reply. Learn how to clean your sensor properly. I clean my sensor by shooting at f/22 until I have no dust spots. It is possible to do.

Now, you want a challenge? Try using your camera as a pinhole camera at something like f/177. Cleaning your sensor to show no spots at this aperture is next to impossible. Doing spot removal in post is the only way.

-- hide signature --

Mike Dawson

I know how to clean it properly. I find both of your snide replies unhelpful at best, and derisive at worst.

Do you ever change lenses outside (or even inside)? They get dust eventually.

Are you trying to claim that your camera(s) never, ever have dust on the sensors?

Or re you claiming that you clean your sensor each time before you take a shot at f/22?

I have no trouble wet cleaning my sensor at f45.

Have you tried taking the lens off first?

You funny guy. It means I clean until I can't see dust spots at f45 on my micro Nikkors. That way, I have a few weeks before F22 looks bad.

-- hide signature --

Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. --H.G. Wells

-- hide signature --

Cycle tracks will abound in Utopia. --H.G. Wells

bikinchris's gear list:bikinchris's gear list
Nikon D3 Nikon D4S Nikon AF-S Nikkor 17-35mm f/2.8D ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 28-70mm f/2.8 ED-IF Nikon AF-S Nikkor 200-400mm f/4G ED-IF VR +1 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow