First Impressions: Very Good

Started May 20, 2014 | User reviews thread
JohnNewman
JohnNewman Contributing Member • Posts: 729
Re: First Impressions: Very Good

edmode68 wrote:

used this lens for a week in Hawaii and I must say that it's an awesome travel lens. I used to travel with 3 lenses (Canon L Lenses are too heavy). this lens is awesome, it's 16mm really gave me the flexibility to shoot in tight spaces. The above images were captured with the Canon 70D, this lens lets you reach out and touch someone from so far away. It's very light and very fast as well. Overall, I was a happy shooter.

I'm glad you're pleased with the lens but, with the greatest respect, the shots you've posted above and previously are putting me off it. They look very soft and poorly focused. Of course, it may be that the quality of the uploading has made them suffer or there may be another reason but, looking at the full size images, personally I couldn't accept the lack of quality. I'm not trying to offend but, surely, if you're used to L lenses, you must see the difference? Guess there's no free lunch

Best regards

John

JohnNewman's gear list:JohnNewman's gear list
Sony Cyber-shot DSC-HX90V
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow