For me A6000 + 55-210 not good for action

Started Jun 7, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP Happy Jones Regular Member • Posts: 366
Answer this please

123Mike wrote:

forpetessake wrote:

It is a user error, he used an inadequate camera for the task.

Frankly, I cannot make A6000 with 18-105 to even catch up with my dog, maybe one picture of a burst is in focus. And then camera takes forever to write to the card, so shooting in bursts and then deleting 90% of pictures isn't the most pleasant experience.

Adequate camera, but no details what settings he used. It looks like he was using wide area focus. And it picked whatever was closest. Seems like the camera was working just fine. The user simply doesn't know what the heck he's doing. I question whether you know what you're doing.

As I said I tried about every setting possible for the whole game. It was about 2 hours so I covered most possibilities.

Can you answer why in any focus mode why focus was completely wrong so often? Why nothing was in focus? In these examples I pre-focused on a spot to make it easier too. I did not pan, most of the time the subject did not move very far, and the depth of field was very generous.

In this case the catch was hardly moving. The previous frame was in focus. The depth of field covered a large area. But in the next 5 or 6 frames nothing was in focus. Why would the camera take so many frames when nothing was in focus? Did it quit? But then why did it change so much first?

Happy Jones's gear list:Happy Jones's gear list
Sony a77 II
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow