What to do? Clean sensor

Started Jun 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 15,631
Re: Me too

xexe wrote:

I had almost countless issues cleaning the a7r sensor. However the last time I sent it out to Sony central for repair they sent me back the officially endorsed procedure they use to clean the sensor there. I scanned the page they sent me and published some notes here:
http://www.xexets.me.uk/cleaning-the-a7r-sensor-the-official-sony-way-and-some-ranting/
I don't know how helpful this could be since they seem to use proprietary instruments, but still...
--

I don't see why the Sony should be any more delicate than the Nikon or Canon sensors. I've used a soft brush, pre-charged by blowing it with canned air, to lift difficult dust from my sensor. Then used canned air, upright in short bursts to finish the job. I've never had a more clean and care free sensor. I've not had to wet clean it yet after 6 months while my D600 required a wet clean within the first two weeks. And then another and another - forever.

If you're not up for the task of wet cleaning, have a professional shop do it. It's not hard. Just use caution and be careful and patient. You can scratch your sensor if you're not careful no matter what method you use.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osv
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow