Comparing Lightroom v5.4 vs Photo Ninja vs Irident

Started Jun 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
georgehudetz Veteran Member • Posts: 3,837
Re: Here's a version with LR 5.4

Ray Sachs wrote:

On top of which, I didn't buy Fuji gear for ultra-sharp results anyway - I like it's rendering and colors and the shooting experience. I have an RX1 for crispness and detail and a Nikon A that's not far behind at 28mm. And if I really was after the ultimate in sharpness and detail, I'd get a Sigma DPxM or two or three. Nothing else short of a D800e comes close to those little cameras if detail is what you're after. It's just that it's usually not my highest priority. If it was, why would you buy an X-Trans camera?

Ray, you bring a lot to this forum, but every now and then you make posts like this that I think are complete BS.

Asking why a Fuji shooter would be concerned about sharpness, because, gee, they could just buy another camera to compliment the Fuji to get even better sharpness is like going into a discussion about tire selection for a sports car like a Miata or BRZ and saying "I don't worry about getting the best possible tire for my BRZ because I also have a Porsche."  For you, that may make perfect sense, but when you say "Why did you even buy a BRZ if what you want is excellent handling?" it becomes BS.

Just like the fact that a BRZ can handle as well as a Porsche - with the right tires - a Fuji can deliver sharpness on par with any other 16 Mp camera, if you use the right software.  For those of us who decide to only have one camera system - for whatever reason - and are drawn to the Fuji - again for whatever reason - it is perfectly rational to seek the best IQ out of that camera, and not just shrug our shoulders and say "Oh, well, no matter what I do it doesn't have the resolving power of a 36 MP full-frame camera, so why even bother?"

georgehudetz's gear list:georgehudetz's gear list
Fujifilm X-T1 Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm XF 18mm F2 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow