Comparing Lightroom v5.4 vs Photo Ninja vs Irident

Started Jun 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
OP nitropower New Member • Posts: 19
Re: Comparing Lightroom v5.4 vs Photo Ninja vs Irident

Elyharbour wrote:

The problem with the OP's post and images is that comparing results "out of the box" with the default settings of various converters is meaningless and I believe misleading They all have different default settings, and LR's are different to say PhotoNinja. They all need work. In the case of LR, the sharpening defaults are completely inappropriate for X-Trans, and I firmly believe that is responsible for at least some of the mushy shots people complain about. It takes but a few seconds with the sliders (or a preset in my case) to markedly improve matters. Whether PN or others can still do a better job, I'm not (yet) sure, but I'm evaluating the latter and LightZone over the next week or so to make up my own mind.

Not matter how much i configure or play with those sliders in LR I can't get rid of the LR issues, perhaps you can try and share the slider configuration please? I'd be happy to get rid of Irident and just use LR as i have spent enough time and money on LR.

As to the default config of PN, LR and IRident, other than the sharpness I do not think Irident does anything extra out of the box, it just demosaice better than the rest.

Others tell me not to pixel peep but if you are looking the pictures on a decent monitor these issues stand out (i am not even printing yet)

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow