Bye Pentax K-5 -> Hello Sony A6000

Started Jun 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
petreluk Contributing Member • Posts: 988
Re: A carry everywhere with .. what?

SirSeth wrote

[snip]

I agree that Sony mirrorless cameras have big lenses that seem to negate (somewhat) the size advantage. APS-C is not the optimal size for mirrorless systems imo. I think m4/3rds is about perfect. Lenses and cameras are very small. I just tested the E-M1 (one of the biggest) for a month and was extremely impressed. Perfect side kick with a few small primes, but also ergonomics are good enough to hold more intense lenses if needed.

Exactly, which I expect is why many folks have an Oly/Pana kit for their walkaround pleasure and a monster case of MF or FF for the paid work or the Big Stuff. For folks in this position, APS-C is rather an awkward piggy in the middle, very good though it is in other regards.

Can't understand all the BS talked around mirrorless versus traditional OVF, etc, etc. It's simply what different people like. And, in any case, most of it lies in the quality of the lenses and not in the bodies. Besides, you really do have to try quite hard to buy a bad camera these days no matter what kind it is. All the basics have been pretty well covered by now.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow