The Sony A7s - Birders' dream camera?

Started Jun 5, 2014 | Discussions thread
AlGor
AlGor Senior Member • Posts: 1,818
Re: The Sony A7s - Birders' dream camera?

Alex P Scorsch wrote:

I think the Sony A7s would be the wildlife and bird photographer's dream camera. When the birds and animals are active it's usually about 6:00 am and relatively dark, especially in the rainforest were I often shoot. With the high ISO capabilities and the small apertures of long telephoto lenses this might be a great choice. One only has to decide if one wants to live with the relatively low pixel count. I think it would be worthwhile, even if adapters are in order for the "big guns".

May be a great idea, but

did you try ever to use bridge cameras like new Sony (don't remember #) or Canon sx50. 
Go Google it to found some beautiful animals/birds pics.  Spent $400 for 50 optical zoom (1200 mm) or 5 - 7 K for camera/lens 400 mm...(which you may be used 2 times in year).

Yes you will need a LIGHT for you shots. IQ for PC watching will be  the same. Or print 8 by 10 pics.

Of course  if you plan to make a money with FF birding setup then go ahed and buy it! Or you just want to have it, then why not.

Just a my 0,02 cent.    Al.

AlGor's gear list:AlGor's gear list
Sony RX100 Canon PowerShot SX50 HS Sony Cyber-shot DSC-RX10 Olympus Tough TG-4 Nikon D750 +2 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
gil
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow