X-E1 vs X-T1 EVF

Started Jun 4, 2014 | Questions thread
Marcello Zini
Marcello Zini Contributing Member • Posts: 908
Re: Xe1

uniball wrote:

Marcello Zini wrote:

uniball wrote:

The beauty of the XE1, at least for me, is its delightful in hand as long as one does not hang a big fat lens on it.

Hi uniball,

I'm getting used to carry the xe1 with wrist/hand strap and I'm finding it nice to carry around after a while. Do you consider the 18-55 to be a big fat lens and your find it delightful in hand with the 18 or the 27, or do you like the balance/portability with the 18-55 on as well?

I'm curious

thanks

-- hide signature --

I enjoy shooting wide. My 3 lenses are the 14, 18 and 35. On the xe1 I enjoyed the 14 and 18 the most. With the xt1's AF, the 35 became a far easier lens to live with and its now basically bolted onto the xt1.

When I purchased the xe1 it came with the 18-55. I rarely used it and gave it to my wife. Excellent lens but not my style. Having said that I shot with it on the xe1 for 2 days last week. Its a different carry than the smaller lenses. Certainly manageable but unless I need the ability to constantly change focals, its not a go-to lens for me.

My wife shoots exclusively with a wrist strap. Rather than change the strap, I used it with the 18-55 mounted. Again, not for me, a shoulder strap would have been my preference.

That's the idea I'm getting after 2 years of mirrorless - em5 then xe1: small ILCs are great but when used with a standard zoom - although smallish as the 18-55 - the advantages of mirrorless cameras are reduced compared to a small DSLR. The Xt-1 is a different beast, as the EM-1 and they can compete with DSLR so the bigger zoom is justified. My next gear could be:

- xe-1 with 14mm on (or 12mm), long zoom when needed, currently 50-230 (eventually 60 macro)

- x100 with both converters

this would cover all FL and styles with plenty of scalable options

Unless Fuji comes up with a pancake-ish, quality zoom similar to Panasonic 12-32 (16-22 3.5-4.5 APSC would be enough for me) and shorter than the 18-55, then portability would be satisfied.

Considering the impressive talent and speed of Fujifilm in making lenses, I would expect that

-- hide signature --
 Marcello Zini's gear list:Marcello Zini's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro1 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XC 16-50mm F3.5-5.6 OIS Fujifilm 50-230mm +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow