Bye Pentax K-5 -> Hello Sony A6000

Started Jun 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
SirSeth
SirSeth Veteran Member • Posts: 9,889
It's tempting.

gustoy wrote:

I enjoyed many years with my Pentax equippment including some limited lenses, but finally decided to sell off all equippment on eBay and start new with the Sony A6000.

The main reason is, that I was been waiting for a long time for smaller and lighter system cameras from Pentax, but it seems not very likely to happen, and the Sony gives me in some areas better, in other aereas almost as good results as my Pentax K-5, but in a smaller and much ligher package.

Enjoy your Pentax gear!

Guido

In my case I was tempting a switch from Olympus E-3 and a bevy of good lenses to Olympus E-M1. I borrowed a friend's E-M1 for a month and it's really really great besides low battery life, having to use adapters with my 4/3rds glass, and needing the grip to balance larger lenses. The IQ, 5-axis stabilization, EVF, speed, live view experience, movies, and everything are just fantastic.

Instead, I've decided to move to Pentax K5iis because the E-M1 + grip is just too much for my budget and I value the battery life, ergonomics, AF, and lens choice of a DSLR. I'll still use micro4/3rds for a side kick in the future though. Personally, if starting from scratch and I had the money, an E-M1 with new micro lenses or the Fuji XT-1 is pretty tempting as a do all but high speed action photography. Not so much the Sony, but that's where individuality comes in. Best of luck, but if you haven't tried these in person, don't rule out DSLRs for your main gig. A cheap mirrorless as a carry anywhere side kick is a slick way to go.

Best,

Seth

-- hide signature --

What if the hokey pokey really is what it's all about?
--
wallygoots.smugmug.com
wallygoots.blogspot.com

SirSeth's gear list:SirSeth's gear list
Olympus E-1 Sony Alpha a7 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus Zuiko Digital 11-22mm 1:2.8-3.5 Sony FE 28-70mm F3.5-5.6 OSS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow