Warning to EM-1 users :sunshine into EVF can create indeletable blotches, as confirmed by Olympus.

Started Jun 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
MayaTlab0
MayaTlab0 Senior Member • Posts: 2,643
Re: Interesting that this official warning seems to be EM-1 specific...

bigley Ling wrote:

Michael Meissner wrote:

jharvey wrote:

Certainly if it applies to the other models as well, they should say so, but if not, I wonder what's different in the EM-1 that merits it's own warning.

E-M1 has a 2.36MP viewfinder (same as VF-4) while E-M5, E-M10, and Stylus1 have a 1.44MP viewfinder (same as VF-2). However, I have talked to one user who had blotches on his E-M5 and sent it in, and was starting to develop them on the E-M1.

Speaking as somebody who just sent sent his 3 month old refurbished E-M5 in for viewfinder problems (it went extremely dim when on vacation in Florida), I hope I'm not having to send in the camera every couple of months for repair.

Agree, that plus the larger magnification of the LCD in viewfinder may make it more susceptible to this issue when light enters the view finder and concentrates on these delicate high resolution EVFs.

That being said, the Fuji XT1 also has a higher resolution EVF, and an nice large magnified EVF, Does anyone know if this issue occurs on the camera as well?

The only other time I've heard of another EVF developing green blobs such as the ones we are talking about is when someone pointed in a thread to an older Canon camcorder that shared the same issue a few years ago.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AG
AG
AG
AG
JD1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow