Warning to EM-1 users :sunshine into EVF can create indeletable blotches, as confirmed by Olympus.

Started Jun 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
Anders W Forum Pro • Posts: 21,468
Re: Optics

joergzielosko wrote:

Zensu11 wrote:

Couldn't this also happen to a sensor? Say I put the Rokinon FE lens on my E-P5 and turn on the camera. The FE is probably going to have the sun in the frame and the sensor is on (open) so that I can have live view. Couldn't a lens focus the sunlight onto a sensor?

This could even happen if the camera is switched off because the shutter of all mirrorless cameras I know is always open.

In Germany we call it Brennpunkt

And to get the Brennpunkt you need to hold the lens at the right Brennweite (focal length).

When you think about it, I am afraid that the circumstances are exactly such that with the EVF diopter adjustment set for convenient viewing (i.e., such that you appear to look at something at infinity distance), the sun shining in from behind (from infinity) will form a perfect Brennpunkt on the EVF screen.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AG
AG
AG
AG
JD1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow