Warning to EM-1 users :sunshine into EVF can create indeletable blotches, as confirmed by Olympus.

Started Jun 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
Anders W Forum Pro • Posts: 21,468
Re: Optics

luisflorit wrote:

babalu wrote:

I personally believe this to be a serious technical flaw that needs to be addressed by Olympus ASAP.

I remember that we used magnifying glasses and other lenses in the sun to burn wood when we were children. The same can easily happen with any other optics (viewfinder or front lens of a camera). That's not a technical flaw, that's optics!

Sorry, I didn't understand.

The EVF is never exposed to the light, but get info electronically from the sensor, there's no mirror.

Are you saying that is the sensor itself that was damaged in these user reports? Indeed this will of course happen if exposed badly to the sun, especially with fast primes. Like those poor ants.... I'll probably go to hell.....

Or you meant sun hitting the evf directly from the back??

Yes, the problem we are talking about in this thread is the sun hitting the EVF from behind, hurting the EVF, not the sensor.

Anders W's gear list:Anders W's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-G1 Olympus OM-D E-M5 Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-45mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH OIS Panasonic Lumix G Vario 7-14mm F4 ASPH +28 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AG
AG
AG
AG
JD1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow