Which lens (and other equipment) is missing from this group?

Started Jun 2, 2014 | Questions thread
Le Frog Regular Member • Posts: 467
Re: Which lens (and other equipment) is missing from this group?

giorgipo wrote:

Thank you everybody for your useful and interesting replies! The consensus is: I should get a second body! Good idea, will give to partner on birthday... Saw a good price on the Olympus PM1 : is this a good choice?

Summing up, apart the second body kept in different bag, I should also bring: 3 batteries per camera body, a second charger, a charger that works in a car, the UltraPod II, the Marumi DHG super circular filter (46mm with 37-46 step-up ring), maybe anti-theft straps (??). I was thinking I could use non-olympus batteries: any recommendations on these?

My mistake! the 9-18 takes a 52 mm filter (and the 75-300 takes a 58). You might need a 2nd filter after all. Try 2filter.com for best prices on Marumi and expert advice (but compare also with the prices of equivalent Hoya at Adorama or BHPhoto).

The PM1 is rather old in the tooth (1st generation 12 mp sensor). I would go for a PM2 or a PL5 (essentially same performance with a EM5); the only advantages of the latter are a physical mode dial (so what, if once you choose anything but P, you have to use menus) and a tilting screen.

Le Frog's gear list:Le Frog's gear list
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Sigma 60mm F2.8 DN Art Panasonic Lumix G Vario 14-140mm F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / Power O.I.S +6 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow