Warning to EM-1 users :sunshine into EVF can create indeletable blotches, as confirmed by Olympus.

Started Jun 4, 2014 | Discussions thread
joergzielosko Regular Member • Posts: 397
Re: Optics

Anders W wrote:

joergzielosko wrote:

babalu wrote:

I personally believe this to be a serious technical flaw that needs to be addressed by Olympus ASAP.

I remember that we used magnifying glasses and other lenses in the sun to burn wood when we were children. The same can easily happen with any other optics (viewfinder or front lens of a camera). That's not a technical flaw, that's optics!

True. But in view of that, it seems it's time to bring back the lever-operated lid for the eye-piece available on the Konica NT3 SLRs I used to shoot with back in the film days.

Even my old E-1 has this lid, although behind the first lens of the eye-piece. It was necessary on a (D)SLR to prevent influence on the metering.

It can always be dangerous to expose lenses or other pieces of glass to the sun, especially when there are electronics like sensors or displays behind them.

joergzielosko's gear list:joergzielosko's gear list
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 75mm F1.8 Panasonic 12-35mm F2.8 +12 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
AG
AG
AG
AG
JD1
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow