X-E1 vs X-T1 EVF

Started Jun 4, 2014 | Questions thread
OP rwbaron Forum Pro • Posts: 13,312
Re: DIY Bayonet petal-style hood for 35mm f/1.4

uniball wrote:

Its like night and day. I started with an XE1. A superb body my wife now has it. However, the ONLY reason I purchased an XT1 was for the evf. Its dslr big and much less lag than the XT1.

I'm a full time eyeglasses wearer. With the XE1, it was glasses off to shoot. With the XT1, I can easily shoot with my glasses on. I also shot Nikons for 40 years and never got used to what I consider a tiny viewfinder. No issues with my X100, perhaps as I'm usually in ovf mode. But the XE1 was like looking down a dark little tunnel.

The beauty of the XE1, at least for me, is its delightful in hand as long as one does not hang a big fat lens on it. With a thumb-rest I can carry it all day on a wrist strap and never notice it. The XT1 lacks a good grip without one of the accessory grips and I quickly gave up using a wrist strap. Carry is the reason I still use the XE1. If I'm out all day as I was twice last week, I grab the XE1, if its available.

Thanks for the explanation.

I don't wear glasses (contacts-mono vision) so I don't think the EVF on the X-E1 will be an issue but I'll soon find out.  This is my dipping my toe into the World of Fuji to see how I like it and at this price the X-E1 with the 18-55 seems like a steal. I've got more Canon equipment than I can keep track of and if the Fuji works out as expected I'll be selling some of it and keeping just my 7D and long glass where Fuji doesn't yet have alternatives. Then I'll buy the X-T1 and probably the 3 zooms for travel to cover 15 to 300mm FF FoV. In that scenario the X-E1 will make a nice back up to the X-T1.

Bob

-- hide signature --
 rwbaron's gear list:rwbaron's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2 Fujifilm X-T20 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 55-200mm F3.5-4.8 R LM OIS Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +8 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow