Bye Pentax K-5 -> Hello Sony A6000

Started Jun 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
Petroglyph
Petroglyph Veteran Member • Posts: 5,890
Re: Bye Pentax K-5 -> Hello Sony A6000

gustoy wrote:

I enjoyed many years with my Pentax equippment including some limited lenses, but finally decided to sell off all equippment on eBay and start new with the Sony A6000.

The main reason is, that I was been waiting for a long time for smaller and lighter system cameras from Pentax, but it seems not very likely to happen, and the Sony gives me in some areas better, in other aereas almost as good results as my Pentax K-5, but in a smaller and much ligher package.

Enjoy your Pentax gear!

Guido

I'm going from using a fairly complete Nikon system (in the last ten years) to 2 or three cameras each with 1 or 2 lenses in the area I think the camera excels.  So I've nearly sold off all my Nikon stuff and will have the K3 for aps/c dslr long lens type shooting, a mirrorless camera - Sony or Fuji - for a walk around cam (quiet counts and that RX100 III is very quiet) and a FF camera for wide work - both Canon and Sony (E-mount) are coming out with a 16-35 f/4 stabilized lens so it will be interesting which one wins that battle.  I think I have a flexibility & cost advantage with this approach compared to when I owned a megalithic system.

Cheers.

Petroglyph's gear list:Petroglyph's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Rokinon 135mm F2.0 Samyang 20mm F1.8
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow