How to manually subtract a dark frame?
For those of you who take shots with dark frame subtraction turned off and take a lens cap picture to subtract out later, what software do you use to do it?
I have tried simply loading both photos into an image editor and subtracting the dark frame from the picture. The obvious issue is you now have dark spots in any bright (or even slightly lit) areas as it simply removes those pixels.
The in-camera software clearly is more intelligent than that, so is there any software that can do it externally? Thanks.
- Fujifilm X-T223.6%
- Nikon D50025.4%
- Nikon AF-S 105mm F1.4E8.2%
- Olympus M.Zuiko 12-100mm F47.5%
- Panasonic Lumix DMC-G857.2%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art6.7%
- Sigma 50-100mm F1.8 Art5.1%
- Sony a63006.4%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX10 III3.7%
- Sony Cyber-shot RX100 V6.3%