What to do? Clean sensor

Started Jun 1, 2014 | Discussions thread
stevo23 Forum Pro • Posts: 19,008
Re: What to do? Clean sensor

Steelergeek69 wrote:

Yesterday I noticed a small speck on my left top side of EVF, I carefully took of lens and saw this little speck o the opposite side of sensor. I didn't have a blower so what the best way to remove ? Or Safest? Can I just blow it carefully with my mouth?

i always change lens with body down, how it got in there, don't know. Was at beach yesterday maybe it was there.

Certainly try your camera's sensor clean function first!

In a pinch, a quick and careful puff with your mouth can be fine. But it is so easy to get spit into that, so I avoid it unless I really need to. I carry a blower bulb, but they are very weak.

I would also recommend canned air - as long as you hold it upright, still and use very short bursts. For stubborn dust, I will take a sensor brush, blow it with canned air to "charge it" which helps dust stick to it, and carefully swipe over the dust spot in a swirling motion.

For what it's worth, one dust spec is no big deal. You can't avoid it.

stevo23's gear list:stevo23's gear list
Fujifilm X-Pro2 Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 14mm F2.8 R Fujifilm XF 27mm F2.8 Fujifilm XF 23mm F1.4 R +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
osv
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow