Bye Pentax K-5 -> Hello Sony A6000

Started Jun 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
BobORama
BobORama Senior Member • Posts: 2,342
Re: Bye Pentax K-5 -> Hello Sony A6000

viking79 wrote:

BobORama wrote:

Its funny, I just used my K-5 with a ( completely free to me ) takumar 135 / 2.8 at my daughters dance recital, with the atrocious lighting so typical of these events. I got a lot of fairly decent handheld shots @ f/2.8. Looking at the Sony lens options, I'm not sure that would have been impossible with any of the "less expensive" lenses that Sony offers for the A6000, except for their $1500 cine primes.

To be completely fair, the Sony will work well with any SLR lens from any make. I.e. it is very easy to use it with a Takumar 135mm f/2.8. It is only for native lenses which Sony is lacking (and it has improved, but still some glaring holes).

Eric

No doubt the A6000 will "work well" with the Takumar, except, of course, you have no image stabilization.   So, as I pointed out, it would, mabey, exceed the Pentax only when on a tripod.

BobORama's gear list:BobORama's gear list
Pentax K-5 Pentax K-1 Sigma 10mm F2.8 EX DC HSM Diagonal Fisheye Pentax smc DA 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 AL WR Samyang 14mm F2.8 IF ED MC Aspherical +9 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow