Bye Pentax K-5 -> Hello Sony A6000

Started Jun 3, 2014 | Discussions thread
Philnw2 Senior Member • Posts: 2,529
Re: Bye Pentax K-5 -> Hello Sony A6000

There are pros and cons to both types of cameras.

The K3/K5 have 14bit files while the Sony nex 6 and A6000 have only 12bit files. If you like to process files like i do, it makes a difference

I shoot dress rehearsals for a local playhouse and get maybe 800 pics out of it. Changing light in every scene and some vary dark scenes can make it very challenging to keep up. The Pentax dslrs have better professional controls to handle those situations. Plus, i doubt that in very low lights, that the Sony A6000 can focus in , like the -3ev the K3 is rated for. I very much applaud the new tracking and focusing ability of the A6000 in normal lighting, and it may well exceed that of K3, which was also improved recently. No comparison testing has been done between the two that i know of however.

Finally, the range of lenses and the quality of those lenses still is better for Pentax vice the Sony, don't know why that is.

But i do like carrying around the Nex style cameras for more casual work. And they are what i'm going to carry next time i go backpacking.

-- hide signature --

Phil B
Pentax K-3(Best APS Camera) Nex 6, 5n, Epson R3000, 3880

Philnw2's gear list:Philnw2's gear list
Sony Alpha a7R II Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 USM Sony FE 55mm F1.8 Sony FE 70-200 F4 Sony FE 28mm F2 +3 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
ET2
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow