Graphics card related question from newbie.
If that is the mid-2012 (i7) model, or newer, it should be okay with the Sony cameras' video files. I use a much older iMac for Sony AVCHD without problem, and have just ordered a current MBP with the dual graphics option. I use AVCHD and .mov files from Sonys, including an RX10, GH2/3, and even a couple of GoPros, usually 1080/60.
None of these systems mean that you'll be able to process next year's 4k codecs, but we all know that.
"Knowledge is good." Emil Faber
- Canon EOS M58.8%
- Panasonic G85/G803.3%
- Panasonic FZ2500/FZ20001.9%
- Panasonic LX10/LX151.2%
- Panasonic GH5 development3.6%
- Sony a99 II15.9%
- Nikon KeyMission 170 and 801.0%
- Fujifilm GFX 50S development28.3%
- Olympus E-M1 II development18.7%
- Olympus E-PL80.1%
- Olympus 25mm F1.2 Pro1.5%
- Olympus 12-100mm F4 IS Pro1.9%
- Olympus 30mm F3.5 Macro0.1%
- Sigma 85mm F1.4 Art3.6%
- Sigma 12-24mm F4 Art2.6%
- Sigma 500mm F4 DG OS HSM Sport2.4%
- YI M12.2%
- GoPro Hero50.8%
- GoPro Karma drone2.2%