Where's the RX100 I/II/III competition?

Started May 20, 2014 | Discussions thread
tokumeino Senior Member • Posts: 1,607
Re: S120 vs RX100 III

I agree 100% : S1X0 are truely jean pocketable but the RX100 is not IMO. I used to own one, loved it and enjoyed a lot, but in a jean pant pocket, it is not comfortable : when sitting, for instance, I had to remove the cam off my pocket. In a shirt, it's too heavy and I was always afraid it falls while bending forward.

In practice, my RX100 was OK in my jacket pockets, but it did neither fit in shirts nor in my jean pants. Since the RX100M3 is significantly thicker than the M1 i owned, it should be even worst.

Sony is on a "the more the better" way and adds many features, but at the price a of an always bulkier RX100. By doing so, it is loosing its point and at the end, the RX100M3 becomes more and more some kind of "in between" :

• Not truely pocketable when compared to S1X0, even if its IQ is superior
  • Quite far from a M43 IQ, but not small enough to really make a step towards pant-pocket potability

Thus, yes there is competition to the RX100M3.

tokumeino's gear list:tokumeino's gear list
Canon G7 X II Fujifilm X-E3 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Samyang 8mm F2.8 UMC Fisheye Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +4 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow