Watermarks on Digital Images

Started May 27, 2014 | Discussions thread
Greenbeanz
OP Greenbeanz Regular Member • Posts: 286
Re: Watermarks on Digital Images

ata3001 wrote:

I have images that have been taken from my Facebook page as well as from my website that are now being sold by others. I now watermark ALL my photos that I post online. Those that know me fully understand why I am now doing this. I am the first to admit I don't like needing to do this, & it has nothing to do with ego, but it is one of my sources of income which I don't want someone unknown to me, taking from me. I have several published images that were first seen on my website by various publications requesting the purchase for one time usage.

Being sold ? Really I am genuinely shocked. I have always found even really great images to be badly compromised by facebook's compression. I should maybe apologise here for any offence caused to those who have thrown their arms up in horror in response to my opening post. Discrete and tasteful watermarks are not really what I was referring to in my OP. If it really does afford you some protection then each to their own, fair enough. The fact remains that there are many people who use huge ugly watermarks across very small images, and there is such a thing as a poor or distinctly average photograph.( I should know I have and continue to take many  myself.) That does not seem to stop people sharing and watermarking them. It doesn't keep me awake at night so keep your hair on Gentleman and Ladies, I was merely passing comment. I find it very difficult to convey tone of voice when constructing sentences, so again apologies for any offence caused.

-- hide signature --

“I am always doing that which I can not do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” Pablo Picasso
http://www.flickr.com/photos/66891090@N05/

Greenbeanz's gear list:Greenbeanz's gear list
Sigma DP3 Merrill Nikon D700 Panasonic Lumix DMC-G6 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1 Nikon D750 +15 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow