BIFs, DIFs? Egrets, Ducks, and More in Flight (A6000)

Started May 30, 2014 | Discussions thread
Shop cameras & lenses ▾
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
zackiedawg
zackiedawg Forum Pro • Posts: 26,250
BIFs, DIFs? Egrets, Ducks, and More in Flight (A6000)

Some more birds-in-flight action from last weekend's lovely blue sky sunny days with the A6000 and 55-210mm lens with DH1758 teleextender.  I was able to get out there and shoot on two different days, instead of just one, due to the 3-day weekend, and even though the weather was very nice on the first day, the skies were even clearer on the second day - so combined with a slightly later start in the afternoon, I had some good light casting on the birds at Wakodahatchee Wetlands.  Enjoy:

A huge, gangly wood stork dropping quickly out of the sky as it came in towards its nest

The big guy on final approach

Here comes an anhinga on a crash-landing approach - these guys fly in ways that almost look out of control, and often come in for landings a little hot - they have to grab at the branch with webbed feet, which is probably a little harder than the herons and egrets' longer toes!

A black-bellied whistling duck on a typical high-speed flyby

Cattle egret flying towards me in a clean blue sky

And closer as he jets overhead

Cattle egrets are pretty flyers - very elegant

An anhinga hitting the air brakes and lowering the flaps as it comes in for a horizontal landing

Another female cattle egret soaring over - they don't get the intense reds in their faces during mating season like the males do

A male cattle egret all colored up, and getting ready to land

Comments, questions, critique welcomed as always!

-- hide signature --

Justin
galleries: www.pbase.com/zackiedawg

zackiedawg's gear list:zackiedawg's gear list
Sony SLT-A68 Sony Alpha a6300 Sony E 18-55mm F3.5-5.6 OSS Sony E 16mm F2.8 Pancake Sony DT 18-250mm F3.5-6.3 +21 more
Sony a6000
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow