No more Nx2. Welcome to NXD!

Started Feb 25, 2014 | Discussions thread
kantucky Contributing Member • Posts: 719
Re: read

mrbr wrote:

kantucky wrote:

brucet wrote:

I dare say there is a difference. The difference being 'replace' not 'upgrade'.

I think we are all guilty of reading between the lines or interpreting what we do read.

Bottom line is that Nikon is a camera maker. As a result should they be competing in the software market when there is so much out there now?

I'm happy with NX-D. Other programs can tweak the results for me.

regards

Oh, bologna, people paid Nikon good money for Capture NX2. It had a lot of features that are going to be lacking on NX-D. I am assuming that we can continue to use NX2 till there is a new operating system or new cameras that won't be supported by NX2.
I also wonder if Nikon pays Nik for using Upoint software on Capture NX2? by removing it, they won't have to continue to pay? I don't know, I'm just guessing this could be part of it? perhaps Nikon had a contract to use it for a certain period of time and that contract had to be renewed?

I think something financial indeed : nikon has to pay google to use control points in NX2 probably.... and google want us all to BUY PS(E) or LR and pay for the vivesa plugun ....

Greetings,
Marc

Yeah, for the life of me, I can't figure out what else it could be. I just don't know why Nikon just doesn't do away with the program period. As I'd stated earlier, I've moved on for a while now. I did have Nik Color Efex for NX and while it was good, I wanted more. Nik told me back then that they couldn't add anymore of their products to Capture until Capture was redone. I didn't understand it (I mean, literally didn't understand the technology involved). I think Nik probably are the ones who FIXED Capture NX a few years back. It was so hard on system resources one had to have the latest and greatest computer to be able to work with it. It was painfully slow!

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
(unknown member)
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
MOD Mako2011
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow